Re: Latest LLVM breaks our code again

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Latest LLVM breaks our code again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-01-30 21:38:16 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Speaking of buildfarm breakage, seawasp has been failing for the
> past several days.  It looks like bleeding-edge LLVM has again
> changed some APIs we depend on.  First failure is here:

I'm doubtful that tracking development branches of LLVM is a good
investment. Their development model is to do changes in-tree much more than we
do. Adjusting to API changes the moment they're made will often end up with
further changes to the same / related lines.  Once they open the relevant
release-NN branch, it's a different story.

Maybe it'd make sense to disable --with-llvm on seawasp and have a separate
animal that tracks the newest release branch?

Greetings,

Andres Freund