Re: Postgresql Windows build and modern perl (>=5.28)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Postgresql Windows build and modern perl (>=5.28)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-10-04 23:08:25 +0100, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru> writes:
>
> > Attached patch makes use of this function if PERL_VERSION >= 28.
> > It makes plperl compile with ActiveStatePerl 5.28 and StrawberryPerl
> > 5.30.2.1.
>
> I have no opinion on the substantive content of this patch, but please
> don't just check against just PERL_VERSION.  Now that Perl 6 has been
> renamed to Raku, Perl may bump its major version (PERL_REVISION) to 7 at
> some point in th future.

How about the attached? I've just spent more time looking at plperl than I
really ever want to, so I'd like to get plperl working and tested on 5.32 on
windows asap... And this is one of the two fixes necessary (see [1] for the
second).

Greetings,

Andres Freund

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20220130221659.tlyr2lbw3wk22owg%40alap3.anarazel.de