Re: Remove extra includes of "access/xloginsert.h" when "access/xlog.h" is included

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Remove extra includes of "access/xloginsert.h" when "access/xlog.h" is included
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jan-28, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems like there are some instances where xloginsert.h is included
> right after xlog.h but xlog.h has already included xloginsert.h.
> Unless I'm missing something badly, we can safely remove including
> xloginsert.h after xlog.h. Attempting to post a patch to remove the
> extra xloginsert.h includes.

Why isn't it better to remove the line that includes xloginsert.h in
xlog.h instead?  When xloginsert.h was introduced (commit 2076db2aea76),
XLogRecData was put there so xloginsert.h was necessary for xlog.h; but
now we have a forward declaration (per commit 2c03216d8311) so it
doesn't seem needed anymore.

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/