Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:34:14 +0530, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote in
> active_time. But, I'm wondering why you need to distinguish between
> idle and idle in transactions - what's the usage? Either the backend
> is doing some work or it sits idle. Another useful information would

I believe many people suffer from mysterious long idle in
transactions, which harm server performance many ways.  In many cases
transactions with unexpectedly long idle time is an omen or a cause of
trouble.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity
Сообщение: Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity