Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-01-23 17:38:26 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Nice idea. I have a suspicion that it's going to be harder than you
> think, but I'll be very happy to be proved wrong.

FWIW, a manual invocation of the pg_basebackup tests works via a ucrt perl
(ucrt64/mingw-w64-ucrt-x86_64-perl package).

It did require installing IPC::Run via cpan though, or at least I think it
did. That's a bit annoying. But not all that onerous if we document it?

I did make sure that the ucrt perl deals with windows paths. For good measure
I forced an early return in perl2host.

I think we would have to modify the values for a few environment
variables. Stuff like PG_REGRESS, TAR etc. Either where we specify them, or
Utils.pm or such.

Greetings,

Andres Freund