pg_upgrade/test.sh and v9.5

От Justin Pryzby
Тема pg_upgrade/test.sh and v9.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In fa66b6dee, Micheal fixed test.sh to work back to v11, so I suppose nobody is
trying to run it with older versions, as I was endeavored to do.

With the attached patch, I'm able to test upgrades back to v9.6.

In 9.5, there are regression diffs from CONTEXT lines from non-error messages,
which is a v9.5 change (0426f349e).  The first "make check" fails before even
getting to the upgrade part:

|  NOTICE:  trigger_func(before_ins_stmt) called: action = INSERT, when = BEFORE, level = STATEMENT
|- CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO main_table VALUES (NEW.a, NEW.b)"
|- PL/pgSQL function view_trigger() line 17 at SQL statement

I tried a lot of things but couldn't find one that worked.  I just tried this,
which allows the "make check" to pass, but then fails due missing symbols in
libpq during the upgrade phase.  Maybe I'm missing something - Tom must have
tested psql against old versions somehow before de-supporting old versions (but
maybe not like this).

| time make check -C src/bin/pg_upgrade oldsrc=`pwd`/new/95 oldbindir=`pwd`/new/95/tmp_install/usr/local/pgsql/bin
with_temp_install="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/new/95/tmp_install/usr/local/pgsql/lib"

I tried installcheck, but then that fails because psql doesn't accept multiple
-c options (it runs the final -c command only).

| EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS="--bindir `pwd`/new/95/tmp_install/usr/local/pgsql/bin"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/new/95/tmp_install/usr/local/pgsql/libPGHOST=/tmp time make installcheck

| ============== creating database "regression"         ==============
| ERROR:  database "regression" does not exist
| STATEMENT:  ALTER DATABASE "regression" SET lc_messages TO 'C';ALTER DATABASE "regression" SET lc_monetary TO
'C';ALTERDATABASE "regression" SET lc_numeric TO 'C';ALTER DATABASE "regression" SET lc_time TO 'C';ALTER DATABASE
"regression"SET bytea_output TO 'hex';ALTER DATABASE "regression" SET timezone_abbreviations TO 'Default';

| ERROR:  database "regression" does not exist
| command failed: "/home/pryzbyj/src/postgres/new/95/tmp_install/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql" -X -c "CREATE DATABASE
\"regression\"TEMPLATE=template0" -c "ALTER DATABASE \"regression\" SET lc_messages TO 'C';ALTER DATABASE
\"regression\"SET lc_monetary TO 'C';ALTER DATABASE \"regression\" SET lc_numeric TO 'C';ALTER DATABASE \"regression\"
SETlc_time TO 'C';ALTER DATABASE \"regression\" SET bytea_output TO 'hex';ALTER DATABASE \"regression\" SET
timezone_abbreviationsTO 'Default';" "postgres"

pg_regress was changed to do that recently:

commit f45dc59a38cab1d2af6baaedb79559fe2e9b3781
Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Date:   Wed Oct 20 18:44:37 2021 -0400

    Improve pg_regress.c's infrastructure for issuing psql commands.

--
Justin

Вложения

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: How to get started with contribution
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: relcache not invalidated when ADD PRIMARY KEY USING INDEX