Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-01-21 17:26:32 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think the syntax has been accepted since pg_basebackup was added in 2011,
> and Andres added it to this test case earlier this week (with -cfast in the
> subject line of the commit message).

The reason I used -cfast instead of -c fast or --checkpoint=fast is that the
way perltidy formats leads to very wide lines already, and making them even
longer seemed unattractive...

Given the -cfast syntax successfully passed tests on at least AIX, freebsd,
linux, macos, netbsd, openbsd, windows msvc, windows msys, I'm not too worried
about portability either.

Greetings,

Andres Freund