Re: Adding CI to our tree

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Adding CI to our tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-01-18 15:08:47 -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 12:16:19PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> > I think it might still be worth adding stopgap way of running all tap tests on
> > windows though. Having a vcregress.pl function to find all directories with t/
> > and run the tests there, shouldn't be a lot of code...
>
> I started doing that, however it makes CI/windows even slower.

To be expected... Perhaps the caching approach I just posted in [1] would buy
most of it back though...

> I think it'll be necessary to run prove with all the tap tests to
> parallelize them, rather than looping around directories, many of which have
> only a single file, and are run serially.

That's unfortunately not trivially possible. Quite a few tests currently rely
on being called in a specific directory. We should fix this, but it's not a
trivial amount of work.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

[1] https://postgr.es/m/20220119010034.javla5sakeh2a4fa%40alap3.anarazel.de