Re: pg_replslotdata - a tool for displaying replication slot information

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: pg_replslotdata - a tool for displaying replication slot information
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 04:10:13PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> Thanks Juilen. I'm okay if the patch gets dropped.

Ok, I will take care of that soon.

> But, I'm curious to
> know why the above error occurred. Is it because I included the nls.mk
> file in the patch which I'm not supposed to? Are these nls.mk files
> generated as part of the commit that does translation changes?

Not exactly.  I think it's a good thing to take care of the translatability in
the initial submission, at least for the infrastructure part.  So the nlk.mk
and the _() function are fine, but you should have added an empty
AVAIL_LANGUAGES in your nlk.mk to avoid those errors.  The translation is being
done at a later stage by the various teams on babel ([1]) and then synced
periodically (usually by PeterE, thanks a lot to him!) in the tree.

[1] https://babel.postgresql.org/