Re: using an end-of-recovery record in all cases

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: using an end-of-recovery record in all cases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 10:56:53AM +0530, Amul Sul wrote:

> Attached is the rebased and updated version. The patch removes the
> newly introduced PerformRecoveryXLogAction() function. In addition to
> that, removed the CHECKPOINT_END_OF_RECOVERY flag and its related
> code.  Also, dropped changes for bgwriter.c and slot.c in this patch, which
> seem unrelated to this work.

The cfbot reports that this version of the patch doesn't apply anymore:

http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_36_3365.log
=== Applying patches on top of PostgreSQL commit ID 0c53a6658e47217ad3dd416a5543fc87c3ecfd58 ===
=== applying patch ./v3-0001-Always-use-an-end-of-recovery-record-rather-than-.patch
patching file src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c
[...]
Hunk #14 FAILED at 9061.
Hunk #15 FAILED at 9241.
2 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c.rej

Can you send a rebased version?  In the meantime I will switch the cf entry to
Waiting on Author.