Re: pg_upgrade verbosity when redirecting output to log file

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pg_upgrade verbosity when redirecting output to log file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-01-09 20:28:40 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> Turns out that it only happens when the output is not a tty. And I notice it
> whenever I redirect the log output to a file, pipe, or such.

Ah. More precisely, it happens when doing
  make -s -Otarget -j32 check-world,
but *not* when
  make -s -Otarget -j32 -C src/bin/pg_upgrade check

because when there's only one target the subprocess ends up with the
FDs make is invoked with, but when there's concurrency -Otarget causes
stdin/out to be temporary files. Leading to the endless output "Copying user
relation files" output when doing check-world...

Greetings,

Andres Freund