Re: ICU for global collation

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: ICU for global collation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 01:55:55PM +0000, Finnerty, Jim wrote:

> I didn't notice anything version-specific about the patch.  Would any
> modifications be needed to backport it to pg13 and pg14?

This is a new feature so it can't be backported.  The changes aren't big and
mostly touches places that didn't change in a long time so I don't think that
it would take much effort if you wanted to backport it on your own forks.

> After this patch goes in, the big next thing would be to support
> nondeterministic collations for LIKE, ILIKE and pattern matching operators in
> general.  Is anyone interested in working on that?

As far as I know you're the last person that seemed to be working on that topic
back in March :)