Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jan-03, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> Yes, I know both paths are hit now that it uses GetBool.
>
> What I'm wondering is why tests didn't fail when one path wasn't hit - when it
> said am_partition=DatumGetChar(); if (!am_partition){}

Ah!

> I suppose it's because the am_partition=true case correctly handles
> nonpartitions.
>
> Maybe the !am_partition case should be removed, and add a comment that
> pg_partition_tree(pg_partition_root(%u))) also handles non-partitions.
> Or maybe that's inefficient...

Hmm, that doesn't sound true.  Running the query manually, you get an
empty list if you use pg_partition_tree(pg_partition_root) with a
non-partition.  Maybe what was happening is that all columns were being
transmitted instead of only the required columns.  Maybe you're right
that the test isn't complete enough.