Re: Tid scan improvements

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Tid scan improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Edmund Horner <ejrh00@gmail.com> writes:
> For the forward scan, I seem to recall, from your merge join example,
> that it's useful to set the pathkeys even when there are no
> query_pathkeys.  We just have to unconditionally set them so that the
> larger plan can make use of them.

No.  Look at indxpath.c: it does not worry about pathkeys unless
has_useful_pathkeys is true, and it definitely does not generate
pathkeys that don't get past truncate_useless_pathkeys.  Those
functions are responsible for worrying about whether mergejoin
can use the pathkeys.  It's not tidpath.c's job to outthink them.