Re: unrecognized option '--help

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: unrecognized option '--help
Дата
Re: unrecognized option '--help  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>> It is wanted this way for all the utilities of src/bin. See
>> handle_help_version_opts() in src/bin/scripts/common.c for your case.

> Is it really wanted?  I find it very annoying and wish it didn't do
> that.

I think the only thing that would do what you wanted would be to
recognize *any* argv element matching "--help" as a help request.
Maybe that's all right, but I'm a tad worried about the possibility
of false positives.  Are we so sure that that string could never be
a database name, table name, etc?

Сообщение: Re: unrecognized option '--help
Сообщение: Re: unrecognized option '--help