Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-12-29 17:29:52 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > FWIW I don't think we include updates to typedefs.list in patches.
>
> Seems pretty harmless? And useful to keep around in development
> branches because I like to pgindent stuff...

I think it's even helpful. As long as it's done with a bit of manual
oversight, I don't see a meaningful downside of doing so. One needs to be
careful to not remove platform dependant typedefs, but that's it. And
especially for long-lived feature branches it's much less work to keep the
typedefs.list changes in the tree, rather than coming up with them locally
over and over / across multiple people working on a branch.

Greetings,

Andres Freund