Re: Be clear about what log_checkpoints emits in the documentation

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Be clear about what log_checkpoints emits in the documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 23 Dec 2021 20:56:22 +0530, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hi,
>
> Currently the documentation of the log_checkpoints GUC says the following:
>
>         Some statistics are included in the log messages, including the number
>         of buffers written and the time spent writing them.
>
> Usage of the word "Some" makes it a vague statement. Why can't we just
> be clear about what statistics the log_checkpoints GUC can emit, like
> the attached patch?
>
> Thoughts?

It seems like simply a maintenance burden of documentation since it
doesn't add any further detail of any item in a checkpoint log
message.  But I'm not sure we want detailed explanations for them and
it seems to me we deliberately never explained the detail of any log
messages.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi