Re: PublicationActions - use bit flags.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PublicationActions - use bit flags.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Dec-20, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> I don't see why this is better.  It just makes the code longer and adds more
> punctuation and reduces type safety.

Removing one palloc is I think the most important consequence ...
probably not a big deal though.

I think we could change the memcpy calls to struct assignment, as that
would look a bit cleaner, and call it a day.

One thing I would not like would be to change the catalog representation
from bools into an integer.  We do that for pg_trigger.tgflags (IIRC)
and it is horrible.

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/