Re: pgsql: isolationtester: append session name to application_name.

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: isolationtester: append session name to application_name.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2021-12-13 20:06:10 +0000, Andres Freund wrote:
> isolationtester: append session name to application_name.
>
> When writing / debugging an isolation test it sometimes is useful to see which
> session holds what lock etc. To make it easier, both as part of spec files and
> interactively, append the session name to application_name. Since b1907d688
> application_name already contains the test name, this appends the session's
> name to that.
>
> insert-conflict-specconflict did something like this manually, which can now
> be removed.
>
> As we have done lately with other test infrastructure improvements, backpatch
> this change, to make it easier to backpatch tests.
>
> Author: Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>
> Reviewed-By: Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
> Reviewed-By: Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
> Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20211211012052.2blmzcmxnxqawd2z@alap3.anarazel.de
> Backpatch: 10-, to make backpatching of tests easier.

Eeelpout failed 020_archive_status.pl with
error running SQL: 'psql:<stdin>:1: ERROR:  checkpoint request failed
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=eelpout&dt=021-12-13%2020%3A16%3A06
after this and the preceding commit.

As neither of two commits since the last successful run touched anything
relevant to tap tests or checkpoints I'm assuming it's just chance that eelput
failed right now.

Greetings,

Andres Freund