Re: Added schema level support for publication.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Re: Added schema level support for publication.  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I just noticed that this (commit 5a2832465fd8) added a separate catalog
to store schemas which are part of a publication, side-by-side with the
catalog to store relations which are part of a publication.  This seems
a strange way to represent publication membership: in order to find out
what objects are members of a publication, you have to scan both
pg_publication_rel and pg_publication_namespace.  Wouldn't it make more
sense to have a single catalog for both things, maybe something like

pg_publication_object
oid        OID    -- unique key (for pg_depend)
prpubid        OID    -- of pg_publication
prrelid        OID    -- OID of relation, or 0 if not a relation
prnspid        OID    -- OID of namespace, or 0 if not a namespace

which seems more natural to me, and pollutes the system less with weird
syscaches, etc.

What do you think?

Сообщение: Re: do only critical work during single-user vacuum?
Сообщение: Re: do only critical work during single-user vacuum?