Re: A test for replay of regression tests

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: A test for replay of regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-12-09 08:12:14 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > Does anyone want to object to the concept of the "pg_user_files"
> > directory or the developer-only GUC "allow_relative_tablespaces"?
> > There's room for discussion about names; maybe initdb shouldn't create
> > the directory unless you ask it to, or something.

Personally I'd rather put relative tablespaces into a dedicated directory or
just into pg_tblspc, but without a symlink. Some tools need to understand
tablespace layout etc, and having them in a directory that, by the name, will
also contain other things seems likely to cause confusion.

> I'm slightly worried that some bright spark will discover it and think
> it's a good idea for a production setup.

It'd not really be worse than the current situation of accidentally corrupting
a local replica or such :/.

Greetings,

Andres Freund