Re: GUC flags

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: GUC flags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 03, 2021 at 10:06:47AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2021 at 11:17:34PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > I find it easier to read "wait before authentication ..." than "wait ... before
> > authentication".
>
> I have a hard time seeing a strong difference here.  At the end, I
> have used what you suggested, adjusted the rest based on your set of
> comments, and applied the patch.

Thanks.  One more item.  The check_guc script currently outputs 68 false
positives - even though it includes a list of 20 exceptions.  This is not
useful.

$ (cd ./src/backend/utils/misc/; ./check_guc) |wc -l
68

With the attached:

$ (cd ./src/backend/utils/misc/; ./check_guc)
config_file seems to be missing from postgresql.conf.sample

That has a defacto exception for the "include" directive, which seems
reasonable.

This requires GNU awk.  I'm not sure if that's a limitation of any
significance.

--
Justin

Вложения