Re: Inserts and bad performance

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Inserts and bad performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 07:15:31PM +0000, Godfrin, Philippe E wrote:
> Greetings
> I am inserting a large number of rows, 5,10, 15 million. The python code commits every 5000 inserts. The table has
partitionedchildren.

> At first, when there were a low number of rows inserted, the inserts would run at a good clip - 30 - 50K inserts per
second.Now, after inserting oh say 1.5 Billion rows, the insert rate has dropped to around 5000 inserts per second. I
droppedthe unique index , rebuilt the other indexes and no change. The instance is 16 vcpu and 64GB ram.

> I'm perplexed, I can't see to find any reason for the slow down...
> Thanks,
> pg

Hi,

With not much information, it may be I/O related. CPU and RAM cannot fix
that once items need to be written to disk. Are there any errors in the
logs or CPUs maxxed out?

Regards,
Ken

От: "Godfrin, Philippe E"
Сообщение: Inserts and bad performance
От: "Godfrin, Philippe E"
Сообщение: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Inserts and bad performance