Re: Windows build warnings

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Windows build warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Nov-22, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> > On 22 Nov 2021, at 12:10, Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've attached a patch to fix these warnings.
>
> LGTM.

.. but see
https://postgr.es/m/CAH2-WznwWU+9on9nZCnZtk7uA238MCTgPxYr1Ty7U_Msn5ZGwQ@mail.gmail.com
where this was already discussed.  I think if we're going to workaround
PG_USED_FOR_ASSERTS_ONLY not actually working, we may as well get rid of
it entirely.  My preference would be to fix it so that it works on more
platforms (at least Windows in addition to GCC).

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"In Europe they call me Niklaus Wirth; in the US they call me Nickel's worth.