Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 09 Nov 2021 17:05:49 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Tue, 9 Nov 2021 12:51:15 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
> > Look at Utils.pm where we have dir_symlink, then.  symlink() does not
> > work on WIN32, so we have a wrapper that uses junction points.  FWIW,
> > I don't like much the behavior you are enforcing in init_from_backup
> > when coldly copying a source path, but I have not looked enough at the
> > patch set to have a strong opinion about this part, either.
>
> Thanks for the info. If we can handle symlink on Windows, we don't
> need to have a cold copy.

I bumped into the good-old 100-byte limit of the (v7?) tar format on
which pg_basebackup is depending. It is unlikely in the real world but
I think it is quite common in developping environment.  The tablespace
directory path in my dev environment was 110 chacters-long.  As small
as 10 bytes but it's quite annoying to chip off that number of bytes
from the path..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity
Сообщение: Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity