Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Nov-08, Stephen Frost wrote:

> * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org) wrote:

> > That said, if the list is short, then additional predefined roles seem
> > preferrable to having a ton of infrastructure code that might be much
> > more clutter than what seems a short list of additional predefined roles.
>
> None of this strikes me as a 'ton of infrastructure code' and so I'm not
> quite sure I'm following the argument being made here.

I was referring specifically to Andres' idea of having additional DDL
commands handled as special GRANTable privileges,
https://postgr.es/m/20211104224636.5qg6cfyjkw52rh4d@alap3.anarazel.de

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Hay quien adquiere la mala costumbre de ser infeliz" (M. A. Evans)

Сообщение: Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Сообщение: Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.