Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Nov-04, Jeff Davis wrote:

> But I don't see it generalizing to a lot of commands, either. I looked
> at the list, and it's taking some creativity to think of more than a
> couple other commands where it makes sense. Maybe LISTEN/NOTIFY? But
> even then, there are three related commands: LISTEN, UNLISTEN, and
> NOTIFY. Are those one privilege representing them all, two
> (LISTEN/UNLISTEN, and NOTIFY), or three separate privileges?

What about things like CREATE SUBSCRIPTION/PUBLICATION?  Sounds like it
would be useful to allow non-superusers do those, too.

That said, if the list is short, then additional predefined roles seem
preferrable to having a ton of infrastructure code that might be much
more clutter than what seems a short list of additional predefined roles.

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"We're here to devour each other alive"            (Hobbes)