Re: lastOverflowedXid does not handle transaction ID wraparound

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: lastOverflowedXid does not handle transaction ID wraparound
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 4 Nov 2021 01:07:05 +0300, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 8:51 PM Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > It is however, an undocumented modularity violation. I think that is
> > acceptable because of the ProcArrayLock traffic, but needs to have a
> > comment to explain this at the call to
> > ExpireOldKnownAssignedTransactionIds() i.e. " and potentially reset
> > lastOverflowedXid", as well as a comment on the
> > ExpireOldKnownAssignedTransactionIds() function.
>
> Thank you for your feedback.  Please find the revised patch attached.
> It incorporates this function comment changes altogether with minor
> editings and commit message. Let me know if you have further
> suggestions.
>
> I'm going to push this if no objections.

Thanks for taking a look on and refining this, Simon and Alex!  (while
I was sick in bed X:)

It looks good to me except the commit Author doesn't contain the name
of Alexander Korotkov?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi