Re: prevent immature WAL streaming

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 22 Oct 2021 18:43:52 +0530, Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote in
> Any thoughts about the patch posted previously?

Honestly, xlogreader looks fine with the current shape. The reason is
that it seems cleaner as an interface boundary since the caller of
xlogreader doesn't need to know about the details of xlogreader. The
current code nicely hides the end+1 confusion.

Even if we want to get rid of global variables in xlog.c, I don't
understand why we remove only abortedRecPtr. That change makes things
more complex as a whole by letting xlog.c be more conscious of
xlogreader's internals.  I'm not sure I like that aspect of the patch.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center