Re: ALTER INDEX .. RENAME allows to rename tables/views as well

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ALTER INDEX .. RENAME allows to rename tables/views as well
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Oct-19, Bossart, Nathan wrote:

> I did consider this, but I figured it might be better to keep the lock
> level consistent for a given object type no matter what the statement
> type is.  I don't have a strong opinion about this, though.

Yeah, the problem is that if there is a concurrent process waiting on
your lock, we'll release ours and they'll grab theirs, so we'll be
waiting on them afterwards, which is worse.

BTW I noticed that the case of partitioned indexes was wrong too.  I
fixed that, added it to the tests, and pushed.

"People get annoyed when you try to debug them."  (Larry Wall)