Re: pgsql: Adjust configure to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3.

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: pgsql: Adjust configure to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 01:17:10PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> However, back to the matter of the recipe.  I'm feeling discouraged
> again because experimentation shows that cpanm insists on updating
> the ExtUtils suite to current while installing Test::Simple.  You
> can then downgrade that, but it's not a complete fix, because there
> are some new ExtUtils modules that don't get uninstalled.  There's
> also assorted CPAN infrastructure left behind.
>
> The closest I can get to what we want using cpanm is with this recipe:
>
>     cpanm install Test::Simple@0.87_01
>     cpanm install IPC::Run@0.79
>     cpanm install ExtUtils::MakeMaker@6.50  # downgrade
>
> (Note: the actual prerequisite of this release of Test::Simple seems
> to be "> 6.30", but the first such version that actually passes its
> own tests for me is 6.50.  FWIW, prairiedog currently has 6.59.)

While the MakeMaker litter is annoying, I'm not too worried about it.  The
only other thing I'd consider is doing the MakeMaker 6.50 install before
Test::Simple, not after.  Then you don't pull in additional dependencies of
post-6.50 MakeMaker, if any.

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 02:42:11PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Upon trying to actually use the perlbrew installation, I discovered
> another oversight in the recipe: at least with old perl versions,
> you end up with a non-shared libperl, so that --with-perl fails.
>
> That leads me to the attached revision...

Looks good.  Thanks.