Re: prevent immature WAL streaming

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
Дата
Re: prevent immature WAL streaming  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Sep-23, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > However, I notice now that the pg_rewind tests reproducibly fail in
> > branch 14 for reasons I haven't yet understood.  It's strange that no
> > other branch fails, even when run quite a few times.
>
> Turns out that this is a real bug (setting EndOfLog seems insufficient).
> I'm looking into it.

I had misdiagnosed it; the real problem is that this was taking action
in standby mode and breaking things after promotion.  I took quite a
detour ...

Here's the set for all branches, which I think are really final, in case
somebody wants to play and reproduce their respective problem scenarios.
Nathan already confirmed that his reproducer no longer shows a problem,
and this version shouldn't affect that.

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"El Maquinismo fue proscrito so pena de cosquilleo hasta la muerte"

Вложения