Re: prevent immature WAL streaming

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Sep-17, Bossart, Nathan wrote:

> I gave the patch a read-through.  I'm wondering if the
> XLOG_OVERWRITE_CONTRECORD records are actually necessary.  IIUC we
> will set XLP_FIRST_IS_ABORTED_PARTIAL on the next page, and
> xlp_pageaddr on that page will already be validated in
> XLogReaderValidatePageHeader().  Does adding this new record also help
> ensure the page header is filled in and flushed to disk?

That was the first implementation, a few versions of the patch ago.  An
added benefit of a separate WAL record is that you can carry additional
data for validation, such as -- as suggested by Andres -- the CRC of the
partial data contained in the message that we're skipping.  I didn't
implement that, but it should be trivial to add it.

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"How strange it is to find the words "Perl" and "saner" in such close