Re: Allow escape in application_name

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Allow escape in application_name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 10 Sep 2021 04:33:53 +0000, "kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote in
> Dear Hou,
>
> > I found one minor thing in the patch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Is it better to use Abs(padding) here ?
> > Although some existing codes are using " padding > 0 ? padding : -padding ".
>
> +1, fixed.
>
> And I found that some comments were not added above padding calculation,
> so added.

Thanks for the new version.  I don't object for reusing
process_log_prefix_padding, but I still find it strange that the
function with the name 'process_padding' is in string.c.  If we move
it to string.c, I'd like to name it "pg_fast_strtoi" or something and
change the interface to int pg_fast_strtoi(const char *p, char
**endptr) that is (roughly) compatible to strtol.  What do (both) you
think about this?

+        /*
+         * Search application_name and replace it if found.
+         *
+         * We search paramters from the end because the later
+         * one have higher priority.  See also the above comment.
+         */
+        for (i = n - 1; i >= 0; i--)
+        {
+            if (strcmp(keywords[i], "application_name") == 0)
+            {
+                parse_pgfdw_appname(&buf, values[i]);
+                values[i] = buf.data;
+
+                /*
+                 * If the input format is wrong and the string becomes '\0',
+                 * this parameter is no longer used.
+                 * We conitnue searching application_name.
+                 */
+                if (*values[i] != '\0')
+                    break;
+            }
+        }

I didn't fully checked in what case parse_pgfdw_appname gives "" as
result, I feel that we should use the original value in that
case. That is,

>  parse_pgfdw_appname(&buf, vaues[i]);
>
>  /* use the result if any, otherwise use the original string */
>  if (buf.data[0] != 0)
>     values[i] = buf.data;
>
>  /* break if it results in non-empty string */
>  if (values[0][0] != 0)
>     break;

regards.

--