Re: drop tablespace failed when location contains .. on win32

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: drop tablespace failed when location contains .. on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:44:45 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2021 at 02:35:52AM +0000, wangsh.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:
> > Do you mean changing the action of canonicalize_path(), like remove all the (..) ?
> >
> > I'm willing to fix this problem.
>
> Looking at canonicalize_path(), we have already some logic around
> pending_strips to remove paths when we find a "/.." in the path, so
> that's a matter of adjusting this area to trim properly the previous
> directory.
>
> On *nix platforms, we don't apply this much caution either, say a
> simple /tmp/path/../path/ results in this same path used in the link
> from pg_tblspc.  But we are speaking about Windows here, and junction
> points.
>
> Based on the lack of complains over the years, that does not seem
> really worth backpatching.  Just my 2c on this point.

Reading the first complaint, I remember I proposed that as a part of a
larger patch.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190425.170855.39056106.horiguchi.kyotaro%40lab.ntt.co.jp

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Estimating HugePages Requirements?