Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 7 Sep 2021 18:40:24 +0000, "Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote in
> On 9/7/21, 11:31 AM, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I guess we still have to pick one or the other, but I don't really
> > know how to do that, since both methods seem to be relatively fine,
> > and the scenarios where one is better than the other all feel a little
> > bit contrived. I guess if no clear consensus emerges in the next week
> > or so, I'll just pick one and commit it. Not quite sure yet how I'll
> > do the picking, but we seem to all agree that something is better than
> > nothing, so hopefully nobody will be too sad if I make an arbitrary
> > decision. And if some clear agreement emerges before then, even
> > better.
>
> I will be happy to see this fixed either way.

+1.  I agree about the estimation on performance gain to Nathan.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Gather performance analysis