Re: Correct handling of blank/commented lines in PSQL interactive-mode history

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Correct handling of blank/commented lines in PSQL interactive-mode history
Дата
Re: Correct handling of blank/commented lines in PSQL interactive-mode history  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Sep-06, Laurenz Albe wrote:

> I agree with Greg that the current behavior is annoying and would
> welcome the change.  This has bothered me before.

It has bothered me too.  I am particularly bothered by the uselessness
that M-# results in -- namely, inserting a # at the start of the buffer.
This is quite useless: in bash, the # starts a comment, so M-# makes the
entry a comment; but in psql it doesn't have that effect.  If somebody
were to make M-# make the buffer a /* ... */ comment, it would become
quite handy.

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/