Re: datfrozenxid not dropping after vacuum

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: datfrozenxid not dropping after vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2021-Sep-01, Matthew Tice wrote:

> Hi Alvaro, thanks for the quick reply.

Hi. Glad to hear that your problem is now behind.

> I'm scheduled to do my patching maintenance at the end of this month -
> but at this point I don't think I'm going to make it.
>
> Other than patching, is there a work around?

Hm, in my previous reply I had written a suggestion to vacuum
pg_database in the offending database after deleting the
pg_internal.init file, but evidently I edited it out before sending.
(Probably because I wasn't sure if you need to delete file, connect,
vacuum, or rather connect, delete file, vacuum.)

> For example, in #2 above:
> >The fix for 2) is simpler,
> >    simply always remove both the shared and local init files.
>
> I'm not familiar with the differences between 'shared' and 'local'
> init files (I'd imagine I referenced a 'local' file in my original
> post)?

The global file is in the global/ subdirectory of the data directory,
and the "local" ones are each in the corresponding database directory:

cd $PGDATA
$ find . -name pg_internal.init
./base/12758/pg_internal.init
./base/46212/pg_internal.init
./global/pg_internal.init

$ psql -c "select oid, datname from pg_database"
  oid  |  datname
-------+------------
 12757 | postgres
 12758 | alvherre
     1 | template1
 12756 | template0
 46212 | regression
(5 filas)

So in the above there are cache files for databases regression and
alvherre, plus the global one.

"Hay dos momentos en la vida de un hombre en los que no debería
especular: cuando puede permitírselo y cuando no puede" (Mark Twain)