Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Дата
Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Sep-02, Rahila Syed wrote:

> After thinking about this, I think it is best to remove the entire table
> from publication,
> if a column specified in the column filter is dropped from the table.

Hmm, I think it would be cleanest to give responsibility to the user: if
the column to be dropped is in the filter, then raise an error, aborting
the drop.  Then it is up to them to figure out what to do.

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"El destino baraja y nosotros jugamos" (A. Schopenhauer)