Re: Supported RHEL version for PostgreSQL 11

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Supported RHEL version for PostgreSQL 11
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 04:08:33PM +0800, Sudhir Guna wrote:
> The RHEL upgrade from 7.5 to 8.4 is not done as an incremental version
> upgrade rather directly from 7.5.

I think the process should be:

1) upgrade from RH7 to RH8;
2) reindex relevant indexes (see wiki link below);
3) upgrade from postgres 9.6 to 11;

You may need to install updated PGDG packages for the RH8.

How are you planning to upgrade postgres ?
Using pg_upgrade, or pg_dump, or ??