Re: Supported RHEL version for PostgreSQL 11

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Supported RHEL version for PostgreSQL 11
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 11:47:57PM +0800, Sudhir Guna wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
> I would like to clarify on OS upgrade for PostgreSQL.
>
> Currently we are on PostgreSQL 9.6 on RHEL 7.5. We would like to do a
> direct upgrade from RHEL 7.5 to RHEL 8.4 and then upgrade PostgreSQL 9.6 to
> PostgreSQL 11.
>
> Is it ok to do a direct upgrade from RHEL 7.5 to RHEL 8.4

Please describe what you mean by a "direct upgrade" ?

You should be careful, since the sort order of indexes can change:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Locale_data_changes
| Version 8 uses the new locale data. Therefore, caution will be necessary when upgrading.

> Is PostgreSQL 11 compatible with RHEL 8.4

How did you install postgres ?
Compiled from source ?
Using RHEL packages ?
Using PGDG packages ?