Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only

От Linreg
Тема Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Am Montag, 9. September 2013, 08:31:11 schrieb Dave Page:

> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Linreg <linreg@gmx.net> wrote:

> > Hello @All,

> > i want to make a port away from wxWidgets to a c++ only job scheduler.

> > Why:

> > I want to reduce dependencies. A framework like wxWidgets should not

> > installed to server systems without GUI (linux or windows server)

> > C++ libs are already installed in most cases.

> > i want to push / support the development.

> > Questions:

> > Is this supported from pgAdmin developers?

> > Exists another point of view for this thema?

> I would certainly like to see a pure C++ port of pgAgent, but I should

> also point out that the current code doesn't require any of the GUI

> components of wxWidgets to be installed. The problem is really with

> the wxWidgets packagers, many of whom have split their packages into

> GUI and non-GUI components :-(

Hello Dave,

Vision:

a smart migration to C++

# Phase 1

+ stay on base structure (programm flow)

+ backward compatibilty (commandline parameter, sql-schema)

+ remove wxWidget dependencies

+ replace all wx classes with c++ classes (std::string, stringstream, thread etc)

+ logfile has csv structure, that is needed in Phase 2

(like 2013-12-01 12:13|DEBUG|bla bla ...)

+ remove mutex

+ replace connectstring parsing

# Phase 2

+ new impelenting of commandline parsing

+ move pgagent schema in separat database (better access rights...) this need a patch for pgadmin

+ file_fdw configuration to show logfile-entrys over a sql view

This is a 90% pure C++ solution :), because

- The windwos side is more C than C++ like.

- I still would like to avoid dependencies to libraries like boost etc.

Phase 1 is almost finished

Question:

Pure enough? :)

Thanks

Thomas Steffen

Сообщение: Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only