Re: Rename of triggers for partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Rename of triggers for partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jul-22, Arne Roland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> looking at the patch, I realized the renametrig_partition could  use an index leading with tgparentid, without the
needto traverse the child tables. Since we still need to lock them, there is likely no practical performance gain. But
Iam surprised there is no unique index on (tgparentid, tgrelid), which sounds like a decent sanity check to have
anyways.

If we have good use for such an index, I don't see why we can't add it.
But I'm not sure that it is justified -- certainly if the only benefit
is to make ALTER TRIGGER RENAME recurse faster on partitioned tables, it
is not justified.

"Nunca se desea ardientemente lo que solo se desea por razón" (F. Alexandre)

От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: pg_amcheck: Fix block number parsing on command line
От: Bauyrzhan Sakhariyev
Сообщение: Re: truncating timestamps on arbitrary intervals