Re: BUG #17103: WAL segments are not removed after exceeding max_slot_wal_keep_size

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: BUG #17103: WAL segments are not removed after exceeding max_slot_wal_keep_size
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
At Mon, 19 Jul 2021 17:24:48 -0400, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote in
> On 2021-Jul-19, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the mistake.  It seems to me the cause the above is that
> > segment removal happens *after* invalidation. Since (at least
> > currently) the "slot is invalidated" warning issued only at the time
> > just before WAL-removal, we should expect that old segments are gone
> > after the checkpoint-ending log, which should be seen after
> > WAL-removal.  If not, that shows that there's a bug.
> >
> > What do you think about the attached?
>
> Sounds sensible -- I verified the logs for one of the cases that failed
> in the buildfarm, and indeed the "checkpoint ended" message appears
> after the s2 slot is created, so it should fix the problem.  (I didn't
> actually try to reproduce the problem locally, so I didn't verify the
> fix any further than ensuring the test still passes.)
>
> Pushed, thanks!

Thaks, and sorry for the series of bugs.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17113: Assert failed on calling a function fixed after an extension reload