Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jul  1, 2021 at 05:46:16PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * Euler Taveira (euler@eulerto.com) wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 30, 2021, at 11:47 AM, Daniel Westermann (DWE) wrote:
> > > "Add predefined roles pg_read_all_data and pg_write_all_data (Stephen Frost)
> > >
> > > These non-login roles can be used to give read or write permission to all tables, views, and sequences."
> > >
> > > pg_read_all_data links to "Predefined roles", pg_write_all_data does not. Is that on purpose? At least it looks
strange.
> > It seems so. Once you click on the link, you will notice that pg_write_all_data
> > is there too. Role names are similar to make the reader suspect that both
> > descriptions will be on the same page.
>
> I tend to agree that it'd make sense to have them both as links.
>
> I've CC'd Bruce to make sure he sees this discussion.

I normally link to only the _first_ mention of something, and since they
are both in the same section, I didn't add a link for the second one.
Adding a second link might suggest that there is more information
available, even though the coarseness of our links means that section is
the same.

Сообщение: Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes
Сообщение: Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes