Re: Pipeline mode and PQpipelineSync()

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Pipeline mode and PQpipelineSync()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jun-22, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > So I think it would be useful to clarify the server behavior and
> > specify it in the documentation.
>
> I'll see about improving the docs on these points.

So I started to modify the second paragraph to indicate that the client
would send data on PQflush/buffer full/PQpipelineSync, only to realize
that the first paragraph already explains this.  So I'm not sure if any
changes are needed.

Maybe your complaint is only based on disagreement about what does libpq
do regarding queueing commands; and as far as I can tell in quick
experimentation with libpq, it works as the docs state already.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile