Re: improvements in Unicode tables generation code

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: improvements in Unicode tables generation code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 22 Jun 2021 09:20:16 +0200, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote in
> I have accumulated a few patches to improve the output of the scripts
> in src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/ to be less non-standard-looking and
> fix a few other minor things in that area.
>
> v1-0001-Make-Unicode-makefile-more-parallel-safe.patch
>
> The makefile rule that calls UCS_to_most.pl was written incorrectly
> for parallel make.  The script writes all output files in one go, but
> the rule as written would call the command once for each output file
> in parallel.

I was annoyed by that behavior but haven't found how to stop that.  It
looks to work. (But I haven't run it for me for the reason at the end
of this mail.)

> v1-0002-Make-UCS_to_most.pl-process-encodings-in-sorted-o.patch
>
> This mainly just helps eyeball the output while debugging the previous
> patch.
>
> v1-0003-Remove-some-whitespace-in-generated-C-output.patch
>
> Improve a small formatting issue in the output.

These look just fine.

> v1-0004-Simplify-code-generation-code.patch
>
> This simplifies the code a bit, which helps with the next patch.

This simplifies the code in exchange of allowing a comma after the
last element of array literals.  I'm fine with it as long as we allow
that style in the tree.

> v1-0005-Fix-indentation-in-generated-output.patch
>
> This changes the indentation in the output from two spaces to a tab.
>
> I haven't included the actual output changes in the last patch,
> because they would be huge, but the idea should be clear.
>
> All together, these make the output look closer to how pgindent would
> make it.

I agree to the fix.

Mmm. (although, somewhat unrelated to this patch set) I tried this but
I found that www.unicode.org doesn't respond (for at least these
several days).  I'm not sure what is happening here.

> wget -O 8859-2.TXT --no-use-server-timestamps https://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ISO8859/8859-2.TXT
> --2021-06-22 17:09:34--  https://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ISO8859/8859-2.TXT
> Resolving www.unicode.org (www.unicode.org)... 66.34.208.12
> Connecting to www.unicode.org (www.unicode.org)|66.34.208.12|:443...