Re: seawasp failing, maybe in glibc allocator

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: seawasp failing, maybe in glibc allocator
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-06-19 10:12:03 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Is a compile-time conditional really going to be reliable?  See nearby
> arguments about compile-time vs run-time checks for libpq features.
> It's not clear to me how tightly LLVM binds its headers and running
> code.

It should be fine (and if not we have plenty other places it'd be
problematic). LLVM embeds the version between user of llvm and the
library version in some symbol, so if there's a sufficient mismatch
it'll cause link time issues. Of course that only works for major
versions, but that shouldn't be an issue here.

Greetings,

Andres Freund