Re: Outdated replication protocol error?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Outdated replication protocol error?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-06-16 15:59:11 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> [ digging up old thread ]
>
> It seems everyone agrees that the current behavior is strange.

Yea. I don't remember the details, but I've also hit this problem since
in some odd circumstance while reviewing the "logical decoding on
standbys" patchset.

> Any ideas on a solution here?

I think we should explicitly compute the current timeline before using
ThisTimelineID. E.g. in StartReplication() call a new version of
GetFlushRecPtr() that also returns the current timeline id.

Greetings,

Andres Freund