Re: Fix around conn_duration in pgbench

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: Fix around conn_duration in pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 10:57:07 +0200 (CEST)
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

> > However, I found that conn_duration is calculated even when -C/--connect
> > is not specified, which is waste. SO we can remove this code as fixed in
> > the attached patch.
>
> I'm fine with the implied code simplification, but it deserves a comment.

Thank you for adding comments!

> > In addition, deconnection delays are not cumulated even under -C/--connect
> > in spite of mentioned in the comment. I also fixed this in the attached patch.
>
> I'm fine with that, even if it only concerns is_connect. I've updated the
> command to work whether now is initially set or not.

Ok. I agree with your update.

> Also, there is the issue of connection failures: the attached version adds
> an error message and exit for initial connections consistently.
> This is not done with is_connect, though, and I'm unsure what we should
> really do.

Well, as to connection failures, I think that we should discuss in the other
thread [1] where this issue was originally raised or in a new thread because
we can discuss this as a separated issue from the originally proposed patch.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/TYCPR01MB5870057375ACA8A73099C649F5349%40TYCPR01MB5870.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata